Friday 15 February 2013

Long live the Internet!

In the last few months, the social media users of this great nation have seen it all. We stood up against issues that sickened the entire country, we made sure no scam went unnoticed, no movie released illegally went undownloaded, and no sentiment went home unhurt. 

Some may argue that those who live on the internet have no life and/or that we form but a small fraction of this society, whose numbers seem to be growing at a rate faster than Genghis Khan's pet rabbit's family's, but matter we do. Half the news you read/watch is affected by some tweet/blog/post that started on the internet. I may be wrong, or exaggerating even. Who cares? You don't let me protest peacefully in places of my choosing, you don't solve issues that have been haunting the nation as a whole, you find new ways to burn holes in my pocket... I want to be able to express myself somewhere without being worried about consequences. The internet is the one place I can truly call mine. Do not take away my freedom here, or retaliate I shall.

Personally, I don't give a tiny rat's ass about Arindam Chaudhuri or his stupid IIPM. But half the issues that are killing this country's productivity are because of a substandard education system. A B-School that churns out people who wake us up during our weekend siestas and leave without closing the front gate, deserves to be made fun of.

Today, this happened. I may not have read even 5 of the posts in that long list, but defend them I shall. This post exists for the sole purpose of encouraging fellow bloggers to take 5 minutes to compose a post about this topic today and challenge those cowards who let a dimwit with a pony tail dictate what stays on the internet, and what does not. Spread the word. Long live the Internet ! Jai Hind.

1 comment: