Monday 31 October 2011

The Shaving Gel conundrum


The Shaving Gel Conundrum
The choice between suavely chikna (hindi coloq: uber smooth) and ruggedly handsome is a hard one for most post teen guys (more so for me, well I pull off both). A stubble may make one look grown-up and manly but the bearded know where the facial hair itches, so after my trip to Kolkata and an attempt to bell the CAT {(I have no idea if I belled it or belled it up(if you catch my drift))OMG! I had questions with fewer and less confusing brackets on my CAT(sincere apologies)} . Also, the previous statement is a fine example of #Thingslongerthankimsmarriage.(incidentally my hiatus from writing qualifies as well(for the hashtag) ).
Coming back to the main issue, I decided to shave and sacrifice my Voldemort–on-vacation look for my Dr. G . Sridhar look (For those of you who don’t know the director of ACE, it suffices to say that I dress up as him every Halloween and during interviews, meetings and other formal occasions.)
Imagine my surprise when I found out I am almost out of shower gel, it wouldn’t be such a big deal if it wasn’t the first time this happened , not because I shop in advance and the only thing I run out of are chocolates and tissues (especially when all my roomies are away and I’m all alone during vacations), but because this is the first 238gms (8.4oz) I’ve used, this bottle represented the beginning of my adult life , I bought it in August 2008, National market and now that its empty . there’s this tingling sensation which makes me want to really want to pull up my socks and take stock of what I am and what I was when this bottle was full, we read so many sensational things that contain the phrase “The beginning of the end” but little do we realise that the end of beginnings are just as important.
I leave you with a quote from personal hero of mine Darth Vader (Episode IV : A new hope) :”I sense something ; a presence I’ve not felt since……”. Happy Halloween to those of you who celebrate it, Happy chhat puja to all my bihari and jhrkhandi pals and last but never the least to all the kannadigas all over the world Karnataka Rajyotsavada hrudayapoorvaka shubhashayagalu!



1 comment:

  1. Ninajjina BaDiya... Second para, fourth line.. Shaving gella, shower gella?

    ReplyDelete